- To “Map” what is out in the community. Research local group offerings and feed it back to us to enable us to compile an extensive list to be promoted to our residents through our volunteers, (to be trained) Community Connectors and online.
- Become “Community Connectors” to spread the word around activities and support networks.
- Project manage or coordinate various projects & activities, such as
- contacting and coordinating with schools and nurseries to work in partnership with them to provide multi-generational contact/activities.
- Contacting and coordinating events with local businesses, such as cafes and restaurants.
- Start your own activity groups.
- Coordinate/man social activities, special interest and exercise sessions.
- Provide lifts for residents attending activities/events.
- Fundraise to provide funds to support our activities.
- Previous / current experience in adult safeguarding, health, care, social services or police would be a great benefit on an advisory basis and to join our existing group of Trustees.
- Trustee role – ideally with a health, care, social services, police or safeguarding background.
- Health and Safety officer. Our activities will largely be run by other groups and will beusing qualified and insured practitioners, but we need someone who could be named on ourHealth and Safety policy as an escalation point for any issues/investigations.
- Holiday back-up Molly’s Meals delivery drivers and Pharmy Army back up.
- Accountant to review last year’s financials. They are already prepared by our treasurerwho is an experienced accountant, but need to be formally reviewed and signed off.
We have held a number of successful activity sessions over the last few weeks with isolated residents whohad previously been shielding and unable to get out. Activities included arts & crafts, gentle seated TaiChi exercises. A nail and beauty therapist for some pampering. Whilst nervous at the start of the day, bythe end they were happy and asking for more sessions. We are aware there are many more who wantthese opportunities. Whilst looking at other community groups to see what is available to signpostresidents to, we would like to run more of these sessions, but will need volunteers to help withcoordination, making teas and coffees and clearing up.